Chedworth is a living village with a vibrant community enjoying the benefits of an active church; an excellent primary school; a traditional village pub; and numerous leisure activities, sports clubs / associations / societies. The village is within the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Within this environment the Chedworth Society which is a registered charity (Charity No: 259277) plays a valuable role within of the community.
It fulfils the role of an amenity group as well as a having a social side. The Society has a strong working Executive Committee to oversee the running of the Society, plus several active sub committees.
The Chedworth Society welcomes new members
We currently have over 170 paid up members. Membership is open to anyone who lives within the village and its adjacent parishes or anyone who has an interest in the village of Chedworth and its environs. The annual membership fee is just £4.00 per person or £5.00 a household and is probably the best value around.
Our sub-committees also welcome new members particularly anyone who has specific skills or who have an interest in their subject.
To join or for a chat, please do not hesitate to contact Dave Whittles (Hon Sec): Tel: 01285 720 922 or any of the committee members listed below.
The following objectives are extracted directly from the Constitution document:
The objects of the society shall be to promote and encourage the following objects by charitable means but not otherwise:
Objectives of The Chedworth Society
- To preserve and enhance the character of the parish of Chedworth and its surrounding countryside and to improve in every way possible its appearance and amenities.
- To secure the support of and cooperate with bodies local and national, whose functions or interests affect, or are compatible with the objectives of the Society.
- To stimulate public consciousness and appreciation of the beauty, history and character of Chedworth and its
- To encourage the preservation, development and improvement of features of general public amenity or historic interest.
- To encourage a strong public opinion in support of the above objectives.
- To pursue these ends by means or meetings, exhibitions, lectures and the promotion of schemes of a charitable nature.
Society Welcome Leaflet
The Society has published a leaflet to distribute to new and potential members.
Please contact any of the committee below for information on joining the Society or on any other aspect of its activities: the committee is always pleased to welcome new members.
|Hon Secretary||Dave Whittlesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hon Treasurer||Ian Morgan||720885||Ian.email@example.com|
|Vice Chairman||Mark Aveline||720076|